Andrew has been competing in dressage since the age of 13. As a young rider Andrew competed very successfully Internationally on his horse Koffee Break, a horse he had trained himself since the horse was 5 years old. He was on five consecutive GB Junior & Young Rider European Teams and won a team bronze medal in 2000. He went on with Koffee Break to compete at International Grand Prix level. They won the prestigious Spillers Scholarship Rider of the Year in 1997 and 1999 and the EQUEST Rider Championship in 1998.
Andrew Gould has since had a lot of success on other horses. He has won 11 regional championships, 3 national championship classes, won and been placed in many classes up to Grand Prix level both nationally and internationally and has had great success in the Young Horse Classes.
Andrew has been a member of the World Class Potential Squad which is a scheme for younger riders who demonstrate the exceptional talent and dedication to ride and win at Olympic level.
Andrew competes regularly at all the major UK shows including Premier Leagues, Young Horse Championships, Hickstead, National Championships and Horse of the Year Show. He also competes at the UK’s International CDI’s as well as across Europe.
Andrew is also well-known as dressage trainer to some of the equestrian world’s leading riders. He is a UKCC Level 3 Coach and a qualified Young Horse judge. His pupils include International Event Riders Jonathan Paget (New Zealand Olympic Event Team), Brook Staples (Australian Event Team) and World Class Performance Rider Gemma Tattersall. He also trains many successful dressage combinations that compete at National level as well as Pony, Junior and Young Riders.
- Placed 2012 Compiegne, France CDI3* Small Tour & Kur
- Placed 2012 Hartpury CDI3* Small Tour & Kur
- 5th in the British Dressage Small Tour Rankings 2011
- Winner of 11 regional championship classes to date
- Winner of 2011 Compiegne, France CDI 3* KUR
- Winner of Premier League classes up to Inter I level
- British Dressage Central Region and Southern Regional Trainer
- Trained numerous World Class Performance & Potential Squad event riders including Gemma Tattersall, Emily Llewellyn and Emily Baldwin
- Reserve Inter I Kur Champion National Championships 2006
- Reserve Small Tour Champion Hickstead Masters League 2006
- Won the PSG Kur and Inter I Kur at the Winter National Championships 2006
- Placed Saumur CDI***, Hansbeke CDI***Hickstead CDI***, Hartpury CDI*** 2006
- Placed Hickstead CDI***, Hartpury CDI*** 2005
- Windsor Young Horse Champion 2005
- Winter National Champion Novice to Music 2004
- Shearwater Young Horse Champion 5 year olds 2004
Sally Hubbard – Head Girl & Second Rider
Sally has worked for Andrew and Priory Dressage since 2006. Sally has worked with horses since leaving school and has competed successfully in dressage and eventing. She is responsible for the running of the yard and grooming at shows and helping Andrew with the training of the horses.
Sarah has worked for Priory dressage since September, and has worked with horses since leaving school. Sarah helps with the day to day running of the yard as well as helping at competitions.
Rebecca is our newest member of the team, and helps with bringing on young horses at home and shows alongside everyday yard duties.
Coco – Yard Dog
Andrew and Polly got Coco in December 2012 when she was just 9 weeks old! She is a border terrier and is a real favourite on the yard with the clients and staff.