Andrew has been competing in dressage since the age of 13. As a young rider Andrew competed very successfully Internationally on his horse Koffee Break, a horse he had trained himself since the horse was 5 years old. He was on five consecutive GB Junior & Young Rider European Teams and won a team bronze medal in 2000. He went on with Koffee Break to compete at International Grand Prix level. They won the prestigious Spillers Scholarship Rider of the Year in 1997 and 1999 and the EQUEST Rider Championship in 1998.
Andrew Gould has since had a lot of success on other horses. He has won 11 regional championships, 3 national championship classes, won and been placed in many classes up to Grand Prix level both nationally and internationally and has had great success in the Young Horse Classes.
Andrew has been a member of the World Class Potential Squad which is a scheme for younger riders who demonstrate the exceptional talent and dedication to ride and win at Olympic level.
Andrew competes regularly at all the major UK shows including Premier Leagues, Young Horse Championships, Hickstead, National Championships and Horse of the Year Show. He also competes at the UK’s International CDI’s as well as across Europe.
Andrew is also well-known as dressage trainer to some of the equestrian world’s leading riders. He is a UKCC Level 3 Coach and a qualified Young Horse judge. His pupils include International Event Riders Jonathan Paget (New Zealand Olympic Event Team), Brook Staples (Australian Event Team) and World Class Performance Rider Gemma Tattersall. He also trains many successful dressage combinations that compete at National level as well as Pony, Junior and Young Riders.
- Placed 2012 Compiegne, France CDI3* Small Tour & Kur
- Placed 2012 Hartpury CDI3* Small Tour & Kur
- 5th in the British Dressage Small Tour Rankings 2011
- Winner of 11 regional championship classes to date
- Winner of 2011 Compiegne, France CDI 3* KUR
- Winner of Premier League classes up to Inter I level
- British Dressage Central Region and Southern Regional Trainer
- Trained numerous World Class Performance & Potential Squad event riders including Gemma Tattersall, Emily Llewellyn and Emily Baldwin
- Reserve Inter I Kur Champion National Championships 2006
- Reserve Small Tour Champion Hickstead Masters League 2006
- Won the PSG Kur and Inter I Kur at the Winter National Championships 2006
- Placed Saumur CDI***, Hansbeke CDI***Hickstead CDI***, Hartpury CDI*** 2006
- Placed Hickstead CDI***, Hartpury CDI*** 2005
- Windsor Young Horse Champion 2005
- Winter National Champion Novice to Music 2004
- Shearwater Young Horse Champion 5 year olds 2004
Polly Gould – Priory Dressage's Manager
Polly is Andrew’s wife and organises Andrew’s teaching diary and books in lessons and clinics. Polly is also responsible for the website content, show entries, organising the team of staff, invoicing, ordering of equipment, making sure correspondence are answered, travel arrangements, paying the bills and everything else that is involved in the behind the scenes of running the business and yard. She also helps with the driving to shows and manages the breeding programme that they have set up.
Sally Hubbard – Head Girl & Second Rider
Sally has worked for Andrew and Priory Dressage since 2006. Sally has worked with horses since leaving school and has competed successfully in dressage and eventing. She is responsible for the running of the yard and grooming at shows and helping Andrew with the training of the horses.
Charlotte Gover – Groom
Charlotte joined Priory Dressage in the summer of 2012 having just returned from New Zealand where she has been working for the past 2 years. She has had a wealth of experience working with horses including showing, showjumping and looking after the horses on the film set ‘The Hobbit’.
Yasmine Newman – Groom
Yasmine joined Priory Dressage in 2013 having just completed a degree at Brighton University. Having been an active member of the Pony Club all her life Yasmine has been born and bred into horses. Her excellent attention to detail and equestrian knowledge means she is a key member of the team in the care and producing of the horses that are on the yard.
Coco – Yard Dog
Andrew and Polly got Coco in December 2012 when she was just 9 weeks old! She is a border terrier and is a real favourite on the yard with the clients and staff.